Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dan Jumps on the Bandwagon

Dan likes to go online. It's just his thing. He blogs, reads articles, keeps up with all the current events and even the past ones too. He likes Wikipedia a lot. He also likes television- cable television. He's also seen a lot of movies. All sorts of movies. What Dan doesn't do is keep up with current trends of strings of movies- like Harry Potter, or Saw. And though Dan knows how to read, he never read any of Harry Potter books either. I know, weird.

Me, I don't like the internet much. I find it tedious. Convenient? Yes. Quick and easy? Yup. My cup of tea? Nope. I like the good old days when people had to slave over books for hours researching for papers. Personally, with so much information at the tips of my finger, it's so easy to read and research that I don't take much away from the research. I find I don't remember much of what I had learned after one week of turning the paper in. But anyways.

I like movies, and for the most part I was up to speed with the prequels to the now being released sequels. Not Dan. This caused a bit of a dilemna when I wanted to go see the newest Harry Potter movie (which sucked btw omg blar blar!!). Having never read or seen anything of Harry Potter, he was in no shape to go see this sixth installment. but, being the kind and loving person he is, he decided he wanted to watch all the movies so he could go with me to see the new ones. So we did. One weekend, about a month ago, we sat down and we watched the first five movies, finishing the last one at about 9:15 sunday night. We both had to work early the next morning but had the undefeatable urge to see the final movie. So we did, in IMAX at the Mills mall at 10:30. *spoiler ahead- what a shitty movie. Lucky for Dan though he has no idea yet just how crappy it was since he hasnt read that book yet. He's getting there though.

So recently we started watching the Saw movies. I have seen all of them already, I like them. I was sad when Luke died. He had never seen any of these either but with the new one being released around Halloween he was nice enough to watch them with me so he could see this movie with me as well. So we watched them, we finished them about a week ago. Now we play Mafia Wars. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment